These are the perfect accessory for your socket wrench set. Socket organizer Rails from Ernst (as shown in the picture below) are some of the best we’ve ever seen. Each one uses a patented holding system that grips each and every socket and keeps it on the rack, even when hung upside down and shook. (I know because I’ve tried it! We use them in our own shop!) Your socket set will always have a home to go to when you use the Ernst socket systems.
They can be attached to their mounting kit to either lay in a drawer or hang on the wall. These new rails all have removable socket clips. The mounting kit (shown below) holds up to four rails and keeps them organized in your tool drawer or on the wall. The mounting kit also comes in a magnetic version, to stay put in your tool drawers.
Also available are snap-on ratchet and extension holders in both face-mount and side mount versions as an option. All Socket Racks come with either red or blue rails, and are available in 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ sizes, and hold from nine to fifteen sockets on rail lengths of 8, 13 and 18-inches. They are so versatile, you can even buy the socket clips in individual packs.
– Your 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ sockets will look good and stay organized!
– You can easily remove them!
– You’ll have 96 I.D. stickers included!
– You can transport them – your sockets will be held securely!
– Your socket clips and accessories snap on at any point!
– The rails have twin serrated edges for maximum versatility!
– Socket clips can be located between previously placed clips, or even on the back side!
– You can hang them vertically, horizontally, or place them in a drawer!
For your convenience, here is a pdf catalog of all the Ernst products, so you can find the exact model number to fit your needs. Right click on the link and “save target as” a file on your computer (usually it will go to your desktop by default), and then you can refer to the catalog anytime you wish. After you locate your item, please come back here and click on any of our links to do a search for that item.
Ernst Catalog link: ernstmfg_catalog2012
Complete Socket Holder Systems:
The Ernst Complete Socket Storage System, model #8370 (pictured below)
Accommodates your socket sets, including ratchets, extensions and metric and standard sockets of all sizes
- 15 clips for 1/4in. drive sockets
- 30 clips for 3/8in. drive sockets
- 15 clips for 1/2in. drive sockets
- Variety of socket identification stickers and magnetic mounts
- Includes three mounting plates to hold all four rails securely
The model 8470 is nearly identical, except that it uses the newly designed twist-lock socket clips. Simply push the socket onto the clip and give it a quarter twist to hold it securely.
KIT INCLUDES: (4) 18″ Socket Organizers, (1) 3 piece Organizer Mounting Kit, (384) Socket I.D. Stickers, (15) 1/4″ Socket Clips, (30) 3/8″ Socket Clips, (15) 1/2″ Socket Clips, (2) 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ each Face Mount Ratchet & Extension Holders, (2) 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ each Side Mount Ratchet & Extension Holders.
You can also buy the Ernst 8350 Socket Organizer Mounting Kit (the gray parts in the picture above) by itself, if you already own some of the socket organizer rails.